The UroLift® System treatment is a revolutionary, minimally invasive approach to treating an enlarged prostate, or BPH, that lifts or holds the enlarged prostate tissue out of the way so it no longer blocks the urethra. There is no cutting, heating or removal of prostate tissue.
Clinical data has shown that the UroLift® System treatment is safe and effective in relieving lower urinary tract symptoms due to BPH without compromising sexual function. The goal of the UroLift® System treatment is to relieve symptoms so you can get back to your life and resume your daily activities.
The urologist places tiny implants to hold the prostate lobes apart, like open curtains on a window, to relieve compression on the urethra. This allows urine to flow normally again. This can be done in the physician’s office under local anaesthesia. Typically, patients return home the same day without a catheter.
This is an alternative for patients looking for something other than drug therapy or more invasive surgery. Treatment might be right for you if any of the following apply to you:
- You do not want to take another pill everyday
- You have tried BPH medication but are unhappy with the side effects
- You do not want to undergo major surgery due to potential surgical risks of side effects and complications
- You want a BPH solution that preserves your sexual function
- You want to regain your quality of life with minimal downtime